INTRADISTRICT/SCHOOL CHOICE GUIDELINES:
The Ïã½¶ÊÓÆµÎÛÎÛ°æ Unified School Intradistrict/School Choice process provides the opportunity for parents/legal guardians to request attendance at a school other than their assigned residence school. The initial lottery window to apply for an Intradistrict School Choice transfer runs from January 8th, 2024 through February 2nd, 2024.Ìý
Click here for the School of Choice Timeline for middle school and high school.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
*Note: The following schools are closed to general Intradistrict/School Choice requests and are only open to requests for concurrently enrolled siblings during the 2024/2025 school year: Portola High School, Jeffrey Trail Middle School, Sierra Vista Middle School, Cadence Park School, and Beacon Park School. Any requests made to these closed schools without a concurrently enrolled sibling will not be processed
*Note: If you would like to request San Joaquin Middle School or San Joaquin High School (IVA) for the 2024-25 school year, please submit this request through the school choice process.Ìý This process is to request full time enrollment at IVA.ÌýÌý
For currently enrolled Ïã½¶ÊÓÆµÎÛÎÛ°æstudents who will be attending middle school or high school during the 2024/2025 school year, you may submit a request through your parent portal by following the instructions below.ÌýÌý
- Click on the banner titled: The 2024-2025 Intradistrict/School Choice lottery window is open
- Under the Student Info tab, click on School of Choice Requests
- Review the Parent Acknowledgment and Instructions
- Click on Create New School Choice Request
- Complete the request and SAVE
** Please contact the requested elementary school directly for students in elementary grades regarding school choice.Ìý Requests submitted through the Parent Portal for elementary school grades will not be processed.Ìý Click on the Elementary Grades tab below for further instructions.
You may log into your Parent Portal account to view the status of your request.Ìý Due to the high volume of requests received, we are unable to provide status updates regarding a request.
For students currently enrolled in a private/non-IUSD school who reside within the attendance boundary of IUSD and wish to submit an intradistrict/school choice lottery request to a school other than the assigned residential school, please to submit a request. If you are a current Ïã½¶ÊÓÆµÎÛÎÛ°æstudent, requests using this link will not be processed.Ìý
- Transferring your child to a different school other than their assigned school may result in your child not matriculating with their peers.
- Parents/legal guardians must provide transportation to the requested school.Ìý
- Due to the high volume of requests, we are unable to provide status updates regarding your request.
- Middle school students who live in the Columbus Grove area that are assigned to Lakeside MS and would like to exercise choice to have their child attend Venado, should use the Intradistrict/School choice process to submit a request.